GoddessLife TuesdaysShoesdays - Nike Studio Wrap Dance Yoga Shoes

GoddessLife TuesdaysShoesdays - Nike Studio Wrap Dance Yoga Shoes

It's Tuesday and the day we at GoddessLife HQ feature an outrageous, fabulous, unbelievable pair of shoes. Why? Because it's TuesdaysShoesday!And no matter what you choose to wear on your tootsies, go out there and strut your stuff Goddesses!

I know I'm not supposed to. But I can't help it. I love these new Nike Studio Wrap shoes!

I'm aware the entire yoga blogosphere has their chakras in a twist over these shoes. Blog after blog accuse Nike of peddling a product we don't need just to squeeze their way into the market "owned by Lululemon. Don't get me wrong, I heart Lululemon. I'm a Lululemon Ambassador for asanas sake!

Reading these blogs, it seems as if the entire yoga community meditated at the banks of the Ganges and it spoke. The words were: these shoes are too expensive, unnecessary and they would be embarrassed to wear them to class. I disagree.

Possibly it's because I'm a dancer, as well as, yogini. Perhaps it's because Nike is a Greek Goddess and us goddesses wear everything from Lululemon to a gypsy scarf from a flea market. Or maybe it's simply that they are pretty. Whatever the precise reason, I cannot wait to lace a pair on and go to a pilates, ballet barre, yoga or belly dance class!

19 comments (Add your own)

1. Vicci Frisella Radake wrote:
Cute, but I don't know if I'd wear them. I've never been in ballet, so I don't know how I feel about the lacing up the ankle. The concept of the shoe is cool though! I do PiYo sometimes, along w/ my Goddess workouts & zumba

Tue, November 20, 2012 @ 12:08 PM

2. Vicci Frisella Radake wrote:
I like how the heel & ball of the foot are covered & has the traction & the toes are free

Tue, November 20, 2012 @ 12:10 PM

3. Rowan StayinPositive TwoSisters wrote:
Hooping!

Tue, November 20, 2012 @ 12:23 PM

4. Angela Hoffmann wrote:
i love them....and if they offer any support double bonus..since my feet enjoy any support they can get!

Tue, November 20, 2012 @ 12:24 PM

5. Karen Potter Fields wrote:
I love them.

Tue, November 20, 2012 @ 12:26 PM

6. Barbara Derecktor Donahue wrote:
cool

Tue, November 20, 2012 @ 12:28 PM

7. The Little Black Box wrote:
I would certainly sport those. And I'm not terribly sporty.

Tue, November 20, 2012 @ 12:29 PM

8. Ronnette Ramirez wrote:
on my Christmas list!!! Thanks!!!

Tue, November 20, 2012 @ 12:30 PM

9. Amanda Obeng wrote:
Those are amazing

Tue, November 20, 2012 @ 12:31 PM

10. Natalie Baack wrote:
Love!

Tue, November 20, 2012 @ 12:42 PM

11. Beth Harris wrote:
Ummm, not really shoes.

Wed, November 21, 2012 @ 11:51 AM

12. Nicole Carpenter wrote:
beauties & yes they are shoes...running shoes, dance shoes are all shoes

Wed, November 21, 2012 @ 11:52 AM

13. Lysa Carlson-Oldhams wrote:
these are awesome! where can you buy them??

Wed, November 21, 2012 @ 11:53 AM

14. Kim Hamilton Alvesteffer wrote:
the shoes arent released yet and their selling for 110 dollars. thats cheaper than most nike shoes. lol! I want a pair myself!!

Wed, November 21, 2012 @ 11:53 AM

15. Kat Brock wrote:
Where can I purchase them ?

Wed, November 21, 2012 @ 11:54 AM

16. Karen Forrest wrote:
I want a pair!!!!!

Wed, November 21, 2012 @ 11:54 AM

17. Judith Botha Human wrote:
Ek wil sulkes hee

Wed, November 21, 2012 @ 11:55 AM

18. Octavia Schulte wrote:
Love them! Will use them for ballet, dance, yoga whatever!!!

Mon, December 31, 2012 @ 2:57 PM

19. CJ wrote:
Damnit... I want a pair so bad I can taste it.. unfortunately for the unemployed single mom... these or anything else for myself is out of the questions, but at least I have something to reach for. LOL.. I just love, love, love the beauty of this shoe.. so feminine, not all of us can have a dancers body, but at least we can feel like a dancer in these!

Sat, January 5, 2013 @ 11:19 PM

Add a New Comment

Enter the code you see below:
code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.