When I posted a pic of homemade Popsicle yesterday, I had no idea how many people would request the recipe! I always loved Popsicle as a kid — and my parents were hippies, so everything was always homemade. (I secretly envied the kids with the store-bought Popsicles...until much later:) I know some of you are sweltering in this summer heat, so I will stop with the reminiscing of my childhood and get onto the recipe!
These Popsicle are made purely and solely with fruit — no added sugar or other sweeteners. I prefer them this way, but you could easily add a little honey or make a simple syrup to add more sweetness. This recipe includes the exact fruit and juices I use because I find them most delicious when frozen, as well as, beautiful. Of course - you can substitute and use orange, grape or whatever fruit & juice is available and you like best!
Hope everyone is having an amazing summer!
GoddessLife Fruit Popsicle Recipe:
Ingredients: (again - use whatever fruit & juice you prefer or is available!)
Fruit Juice: cherry juice, watermelon juice
Fruit: sliced kiwi, purple grapes, sliced peach
1) Pour cherry juice into the Popsicle molds and fill 1/2 of the way.
2) Put slice of peach in first, then kiwi (trying to make sure it is on it's side, standing upright), then pop in a few grapes.
3) Freeze the Popsicle for 2 hours.
4) Pour in watermelon juice into Popsicle molds to the top.
5) Freeze popsicle for 1 or so hour.
6) Remove from the freezer. The Popsicles should be starting to set. Insert the Popsicle sticks.
7) Return to the freezer and freeze for 4 more hours before eating.
Fri, July 13, 2012
by Ms. Dolphina filed under