Happy Birthday Dorothy Parker! Thank you for all your bon mots that eternally make me smile and think and say 'f*ck yeah'! Here are my top ten favorite quotes:
- “Living well is the best revenge."
- "I don't know much about being a millionaire, but I'll bet I'd be darling at it.”
- “I wish I could drink like a lady. / I can take one or two at the most. / Three and I’m under the table. / Four and I’m under the host.”
- “Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone.”
- “Hangovers are the wrath of grapes."
- "You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.”
- “Tell him I'm fucking busy-- or vice versa.
- “If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.”
- “Brevity is the soul of lingerie.”
- “The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue.”
Posted on Thu, August 21, 2014
by Ms. Dolphina filed under