By this statement, I don't connote walks on the beach at sunset or smiles from newborns. I literally mean to say that people love free stuff. Naturally, I was aware of this concept, but not the degree in which they enjoy aquiring things gratis.
I established the extent last month when I threw a party. I had to, I was closing the doors of my dance sutdio, The Goddess Center, and it deserved one final hoorah. Afterwards, everyone would not stop talking about the soiree. Sure, they loved my special cupcake martinis, they thought the performances were all top-notch and they shimmied to the non-stop dancing. But most of all, they loved the goody bag - the freebies that I sent them all home with. For me, it was easy; I had extra stock of The Goddess Workout DVDs, CDs and Goddesswear panties that I was more than happy to give to my guests. However, I was agog when one of my guests wept. It was then I knew how Santa feels.
Because of this experience, I wish I could give out free stuff all day, everyday. The good new is, there are hundreds of websites that are dedicated to doling out free stuff - everything from make-up to iphone apps to cocktails. Be wary and read the fine print. I noticed that when I googled, "Free Stuff", I found many sites wanted my credit card info.
I have found that these below are the best ways to find free stuff:
- Craigslist.com has a whole category dedicated to "free stuff" for each of its participating cities. In my move, I gave away everything from filing cabinets to pink fringe.
- Just like we did at the party, you can swap clothes, accessories and shoes at swapstyle.com
- Free-makeup-samples.com is where to go to find beauty products and makeup samples online.
- Search for free reusable items with the Local Reuse app on your iphone
- Favorpals.com is all about trading skills and favors. Teach someone to bellydance and they will help fix your computer.
- Swap books, music, dvds, or video games via mail through swaptree.com
- Trade kids' stuff they have outgrown at totsswapshop.com
- Myopenbar.com helps people find free (or cheap) drink in all major cities
- thunderflap.com, thefreesite.com, totallyfreestuff.com and yesall4free.com are just some of the websites devoted to helping you find giveaways, samples, trials, and other promotional items.
Thu, March 26, 2009
by Ms. Dolphina filed under