Your Goddess Within

Your Goddess Within

You have an essence that is exclusive to you. There are things that you may want to change about yourself, because you are always changing and growing, but this essence does not change. It is pure, perfect and exquisite right now and forever. It is like a brilliant gemstone. This essence is your true identity and is not altered by external influences. I call this the Goddess within.

Women often identify themselves exclusively by their relationship to others. We think of ourselves as someone’s mother, wife, daughter, boss, sister, friend and the list goes on. Most women are nurturers and tend to other’s needs before our own. This in itself is a beautiful feminine quality that I do not recommend changing completely. However, this is not the essence I am speaking of: you are a woman first and foremost. You have a uniqueness that is whole unto yourself, apart from your relationships. Left to your own devices, you could go a very long time taking care of everyone and everything in your life, except for yourself. “I am too busy”, you say to yourself. You might even feel selfish at the thought of taking time for your Goddess within. You would be surprised at the wonders just an afternoon at the park, a museum, or wearing a tiara to a coffee shop by yourself can do to polish your gemstone so that it is shining brilliantly. Your family and friends need not worry that you will permanently take residence in your bubble bath, never to return. Everyone benefits: when you factor in well-deserved personal time to nourish this feminine spirit, you will have more to give back to your entire life.

If you completely define yourself by your relationship to others, you may feel the rug pulled out from underneath you if you move to a different city, become divorced, are betrayed by a friend or feel unmotivated by a job. Think of all that has happened as an exciting opportunity to reinvent, recreate and redefine who you are. Now this is your time! Dedicate this year to your Goddess within! Create the new you even more fabulous than the old you. Create the new you as the person you want to be. Create another persona with another name – like bellydancers do. Redecorate a room or corner to match the reinvention of yourself. It could even be a drawer that is filled with luxurious lingerie and scented pillows. See this space as a physical manifestation that would remind you of your new self – or one that you need to be sometimes.

I am giving you permission. Go on Goddess, take a break and allow time to wander, to let inspiration in and hear that voice inside you.

15 comments (Add your own)

1. Shelia wrote:
I think this is sooo true, and I am so glad that there are people like you who are out there nurturing and showing women that there is more to themselves. Kudos to you!!

Sat, April 5, 2008 @ 7:21 PM

2. Lisa wrote:
This inspires me to go get a pedicure and love myself and take a friend to build up their goddessness! Love that you are out there reminding us all of who we are and how we shine! Love and Blessings to you!

Mon, April 7, 2008 @ 3:38 PM

3. Sara wrote:
This is just what I needed to read right now! I have been feeling very depressed lately and no matter what my fiance does to make me feel better I just don't, I used to be in taekwondo, I would go everyday and I loved it! One day when I went to class I was sparring and my knee popped sideways and I haven't been able to go back since then, I think I miss having something that makes me feel special and reading this just gave me the extra push I need to find something else until my knee gets better! I love your bellydance dvds and I can't wait to try the burlesque workout! (I think my fiance will be happy too with that one)

Mon, April 7, 2008 @ 9:35 PM

4. Abigail wrote:
this message is only for the women who truly believe in themselves and can feel the magic of their sentuality by expressing it through the art of bellydancing in which, I believe is spiritual, sentual as well, mental healing.

Tue, April 8, 2008 @ 7:27 AM

5. Abigail wrote:

Tue, April 8, 2008 @ 7:28 AM

6. Mary Rhudy wrote:
Thank you, Dolphina. As a Christian, I was reminded of what Christ said to Martha after she was bellyaching because Mary wouldn't help her with the housework. He said, basically, that while there always work to be done, we also have to take time to listen to the Divine and what that part of us has to say. And if all we ever do is work, work, work, and never take time to enjoy those gifts we have been given, one day we will be old and grey and wondering why we have no memory of happiness and love.

Tue, April 8, 2008 @ 2:08 PM

7. Dawn wrote:
It is very true, but it is hard to change the way you perceive yourself after a long time. It is great that you have created this space to educate and support those of us who don't have access to the Goddess center!

Thu, April 10, 2008 @ 8:10 AM

8. Ganice wrote:
I love that you focus on the essence....I think sometimes western society puts up so many distractions and images of who we should be, that we lose ourselves. Dancing always brings me back to my core...and yet it's an escape as well.
I also liked how you addessed the possiblities of reinvention that come from relocating...I never thought of it this way... I've moved 8 times in my life, and am beginning to make yet another life, yet once again. I am inspired by the fact that you see it as a joyful exciting process because I was starting to get worn out!!! Thank for the lift Dolphina. ~janice

Fri, April 11, 2008 @ 9:56 PM

9. Janice wrote:
I love that you focus on the essence....I think sometimes western society puts up so many distractions and images of who we should be, that we lose ourselves. Dancing always brings me back to my core...and yet it's an escape as well.
I also liked how you addessed the possiblities of reinvention that come from relocating...I never thought of it this way... I've moved 8 times in my life, and am beginning to make yet another life, yet once again. I am inspired by the fact that you see it as a joyful exciting process because I was starting to get worn out!!! Thank for the lift Dolphina. ~janice

Fri, April 11, 2008 @ 9:57 PM

10. Maggie wrote:
I used to think I came across stuck-up because I wanted to look nice for work. I know that I had to put a military uniform on, but I still wanted to look like a girl. I also used to be afraid of other people thinking I was attractive. I still have a hard time with that. I guess I just want people to see the real me, which is way more beautiful than my appearance, in my opinion. I have learned through your videos that it is awesome to celebrate being a woman. I feel even more beautiful now that I am a mom. It is still okay to be sexy when you're a mom too. I wish the other moms I know wouldn't try to make me feel guilty for taking care of myself. In fact they should feel guilty for not taking care of themselves! Thanks for your inspiring words!

Wed, June 25, 2008 @ 12:10 AM

11. Alberta wrote:
Dolphina~ I loved your class in Juneau today!!! It was so fun and a great workout. We LOVED you!!! Please come back!

Chardonne, my Goddess name ;-)

Sat, June 28, 2008 @ 11:15 PM

12. Anika wrote:
The internet can sometimes be a dangerous place. There are so many people out there who want to do nothing but tear you down and eat you up. It's so nice to see a beautiful woman who is working at building her sisters up and finding the beauty in everyone. I love your videos and I look forward to working with you personally someday. Keep up the good work!

Fri, July 4, 2008 @ 5:04 PM

13. Anika wrote:
The internet can sometimes be a dangerous place. There are so many people out there who want to do nothing but tear you down and eat you up. It's so nice to see a beautiful woman who is working at building her sisters up and finding the beauty in everyone. I love your videos and I look forward to working with you personally someday. Keep up the good work!

Fri, July 4, 2008 @ 5:04 PM

14. david Wiles wrote:
Wow,,, Shana said that i should check out your web page and i am glad that i did.

I should start on the next step. and Get Moving.

david from Santa Fe NM

Thu, August 7, 2008 @ 1:09 AM

15. david Wiles wrote:
Hi,,

Dolphina,,,,

I was with Shana and Joseph,,\

We met tonight and Shana suggested that i contact you....



I will be flying in to Black Rock City on Monday the 25th. I have been for 5 years.
this is my 6th.

Nice to see your video,,, I really enjoyed chatting with your friends here in Santa Fe...

What a treat and they said some lovely things about you.

I do not have an address at BRC Yet .. I travel light with only a back packl

I am a percusionist with the orchestra and dabble in real estate here in Santa Fe.

drop me a line at dw@stare.com. and maybe we can hook up at BRC.
david (lightfoot)

Thu, August 7, 2008 @ 1:14 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.